Friday, May 12, 2017

I will wait

I will wait until we know each other better
to hope that things will change

 not knowing is a season, like a winter
a cold covering over the eyes, shielding from
words and winds and walls
a blindness of heart, an impediment of hoping
 that maybe, just maybe

if you knew the fields I'd plowed
if you let me show you
then you would fling open your doors and
with green blushing your hands, you'd
glisten like a newborn daffodil

I will wait to touch your soil
your rich, black earth
I would dig into with bare-handed vigor
searching for warmth, hoping for rain

when we know each other better
I will put my ear to your earth
softly, tentatively
as if listening for horses' hooves, for a rumbling train warning
for the coming storm, the well-armed warriors
I always hear the wars coming
For I have bedded drought

but if I am to be courageous
I will open my ears and heart to hear more
To feel the steady beating flow of groundswells
water moving far below the surface
like a frozen stream, a cracking of icebergs
Here sings the wild-tuned timbre of love

I will wait until we know each other better


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!