Monday, November 28, 2011

old news

Well, I've been away from here for awhile. I wish I could say it was because I was taking a spiritual respite, centering myself, becoming more aware and present, but that is not why. The truth is, I have been swept up in the life of a working mother, which feels fuller and busier than I would like most days. All those metaphors of juggling, irons in the fire, burning the candle at both ends, are incredibly apt.I imagined at various points in time that I would do a catching-up post, but that time was so long ago that the only thing to do now is forge ahead.
So perhaps it is time for me to come back to this space, not to add to my already-full plate, but to feel a sense of being present and grounded. I listened to this podcast awhile back and was really motivated to think in terms of what I cultivate in myself. Even in the craziness of my days, I can cultivate a sense of calm and joy, rather than be saddled with overwhelm and overstimulation and unanswered emails and unreturned phone calls and staying one step behind all the time. Maybe blogging again can help me focus on what I want to cultivate. No pressure, right? I feel rusty. I do want to connect with all the people who have been buying my yarn, who come to me through local galleries,or who otherwise offer their generous support of my art. It means so much to me. thank you!
In other news, BIG news, my son is on the cover of the current issue of Living Crafts. Can I just jump up and down and squeal for joy? Yes, my son, my dragon, my photograph. Go over there and have a peek.

And now, most evenings will find me taking a few minutes to dust off my piano-playing and reunite with beloved holiday songs. Of course, the children will join in and hopefully when the older girls are home we can work up some harmonies. Nothing enlivens a space, a mood, or a day more than real music...the fly-by-the-seat of your pants, amateur variety. Where you ignore the music and arpeggiate your way through.  Then there are the lists, made with love and anticipation of  making and giving. At school, we prepare for Santa Lucia, St.Nicholas Day, and our Winter spiral.  I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!