Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waking Up

What you wake up to in the morning often sets the tone for the rest of the day. Waking up to something  means you have noticed it...maybe for the first time, or simply with a fresh perspective. Waking up comes at the end of sleep, like water comes at the end of dryness. Waking up...observing..is part of the creative process...it is life-giving and healthy.
Surely, morning can set the tone for the whole day. Dreams from the night before linger, sleep or sleeplessness fog our thinking, rain or sun set the tempo of our mood, we are sharper,sensitive.
Waking up from a delicious dream and finding it in reality happens also.
While I believe one can choose happiness or love in the moment, I also believe in moments of transformation....that the opportunity for choice lies in circumstance, and it is never an  opportunity to sugar coat or deny what is real. It is an opportunity to grow through...to accept and acknowledge...to give in to the waking.
Life throws circumstances at me that I can't handle with grace or bravado.
But every morning is new...
I grab my camera...what do I see with morning eyes? What is fresh and glistening with hope? What does waking up promise to me?
Over the summer, I am going to post my personal awakenings once a week.
Today, we woke up to this:


The morning rush filled with complaints about breakfast. It was the last full day of school. No complaining could muck up the absolute glee of the LAST FULL DAY.
Looking back, looking forward....next year,second grade for Serena and baby brother gets to join us. The summer transformation as I leave one school year behind, take what I have learned and put it to rest, and bring out projects I have long put aside.
Everyone, now,muster your summer's-here-shout-of-joy: WOOHOO!!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!