Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dyeing Days

During the school year, I often come home from work and start drizzling olive oil into an iron skillet and then chopping vegetables. Soon, the house is filled with good smells andI am a much calmer person.Chop, chop, chop does wonders for soothing the worries of the day.
Now, the school year is over and I can breathe a bit, just like chopping vegetables at the end of the day.. Only now, it's dye pots and wool. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this.
Do you remember the first day of school as a child? Do you remember having a fresh box of Crayolas? I used to get so excited over new crayons. I would try to keep them organized for awhile, but luckily some creative project or a new coloring book allowed me to shake things up and they'd be tattered, broken, overly sharpened, or peeled into oblivion. Ah, those were the days.
Now that I'm 42, different things amuse me, but I couldn't help but think back to those Crayolas as I was dyeing. I think what gives me such pleasure is filling my days with color and child-like playfulness (I am truly sanguine, after all!)




I can hardly wait to card and spin and felt with these new colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!