Monday, May 2, 2011

Songs Sung

I am taking a day off of posting a why buy and going a different direction today.
We sing songs all day....words strung together to convey a mood, color a conversation, and set the tone for our day.  No music is necessary for this, for songs are more than notes and music. Songs sung in this regard are our repetitive, habitual, automatic lines of speech.  They are largely determined by mood and habit.
Songs I sing include love songs to my children, tunes of gratitude, and encouragement. I also have a large repertoire of songs I am not so proud of...spoken bitterness, complaining, self-pity, judgement, anger, and complacency. Then there is the tone of the songs...harsh or welcoming, soft and slow, intense and soothing, staccato and legato.
I am limited by these habits and so seek to expand my repertoire and not sing the same old sad, bitter songs. I can move freely into joy and gratitude and centeredness, and make my words strong and pleasant.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie,
    You know, I've seen lots of mayo recipes in my time, but never before have I read one and thought, hey, I could do this. I want to do this. So thank you! And thanks for coming by and saying hi over at old recipe. It's lovely to have found you.
    Kyce

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!