Friday, July 9, 2010

Where We've Been (image heavy)

Sometimes you just have to scoop up the kids and pack up the van with camping gear and stuff you don't need and forget things you do need and head to the mountains.
So we did.


This is the top of the natural bridge. It's quite amazing and I'd love to go back in the fall. There are no rails to keep you up there and i was a little nervous with Davis toddling around, but we all managed to survive the hike up and down. Whew! Completely worth it.

Funny, everyone was worried about me taking 3 kids (well, Maddie IS fifteen!) camping ALONE. As if!
We had a really good time and were really ready to come home.

5 comments:

  1. You went to such a beautiful place! Seems like it was a very good idea. I hope we go camping soon!

    I enjoyed your comment on Chloe's birthday post, thank you. Yes, 10 is feeling magical. Wonderful. Interesting. Exciting. And with Chessa turning 6 it feels so significant too, her last kindergarten year... what am I going to do!

    Hope you enjoy many more great summer days Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww....thanks for the image heaviness...it was like a mini vacation. :) welcome home~

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that looks like such a beautiful place to be. i wish i was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! We love Natural Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! When I was growing up, my parent's took us camping (in a Nimrod pop-up camper) every summer all over the east coast. I really miss those days. I love camping in a tent but we never seem to be able to find the time these days to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!