Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad

I thought you might like to see my favorite picture of my dad...the one on the top. That's my Aunt Diana, God rest her soul...she died of cancer at age 21. And then a picture of me with my dad.
My Dad is a long story and a gaping void. I will always love him.
I have a stepdad who took seriously the task of raising stepchildren. I love him too.
I pray for their health and blessing. 
To the men who are the fathers of my children, I wish you good will too, and am thankful you are the fathers that you are.
One of those men is my husband. Thank you, dear one, for giving those long eyelashes to our babies and so much more. You, too, have loved ALL my children and made them ours. That is daunting task for someone as single and uninitiated as you were. Now I would say you have definitely been initiated! I do love you.


4 comments:

  1. beautiful family shining in the sunlight... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. Handsome man, your daddy. :) I see him in Serena. You have a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli, don't you love the gun across his lap? He is definitely not "hillbilly" now....he is a shrewd businessman. But it is a sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your dad is one seriously handsome guy. Holy smokes!

    Second, such sweet pictures. :)

    Alas, it's been too long since I've checked in here.

    I love the new look of your blog, your photos with your new camera ... all good stuff.

    Hope you have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!