Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer of Food

I love food. I love to cook, I love to smell, I love rituals around food, I love to read about food.
Summer is on its way, and summer eating is light, fresh, interesting, casual, health-giving.
In celebration of summer's bounty, and of farmer's markets, and of backyard gardens, and of strawberry picking, and blueberries, and of summer salads, I would like to invite you to join me in this celebration by posting a recipe, picture, Wendell Berry quote.....whatever local food-like post you wish, on Tuesdays of each week this summer.
If you, like me, are passionate about the flavors of summer and local food (with the occasional chocolate chip cookie, of course), then grab a button on the left, add your name to the list so we can all share recipes and foodie love, and let's visit with each other over the summer blogging fence!

7 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. My daughter is starting to enjoy more variety in food...she's been snacking on the lettuce in the garden today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying my hand at cooking this summer a bit already. I'll try to keep up. :)

    (Oh and this is Crystal aka Breedermama - Open ID is having some issues)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! thanks for signing up. It will be fun to share and also try your hand at being a food blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just found you through Cypress Sun. I have a Friday linky for recipes (vegetarian) and food-related posts. Thought I would link up with you too. I love the look of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a lot of fun! Do you have a favorite place to go strawberry and blueberry picking? We have a blueberry farm near us, but I haven't found strawberries nearby yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, what a great idea, Count me in. I love it! I'll be back to figure out the button thing. Warmly, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!