Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pesto

Who says you have to wait for basil to come in to make fresh, local pesto? I tend to throw things together in the food processor, and pay no heed to amounts. With pesto, it's hard to go wrong. Taste as you go, add what you need, and put the extra in jars. Yum.
Two pestos:
Cilantro pesto
Olive oil
Parmesan
Cilantro
Lemon juice
Walnuts
Sea Salt
Fresh garlic

Arugula Pesto
Arugula leaves
Fresh garlic
splashes of lemon and lime juices
Pepitas
Parmesan
Sea Salt
Olive Oil

We put pesto on everything....rice, bread, veggies, pasta, you name it.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds so good! I think I can smell it

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! i love pesto, never tried these versions. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I just love the mother imagery in your art. So warm and peaceful and earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that nettles make a tasty pesto too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cilantro pesto sounds wonderful. I wonder if it could be made without cheese? I really don't care for cheese, although parm can be tolerated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blog....loking forward to fun reads


    Miriam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!