Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dry Tidbits

Well, we've had quite a week here. Davis developed pneumonia (albeit, a relatively mild case) and that has pretty much taken up the whole week. That and the opportunity to go to the handwork conference at Sunbridge. I'll be gone for 2 days, without kids. Without baby Davis. I tell you, it is one monumental effort to make sure everyone is taken care of and is where they need to be and with whom they need to be. Coincidentally, my husband is out of town, helping the 5th graders at their pentathlon (he is also the games teacher at our school). We will be passing like ships in the night. All the niggly details worked out but the mother guilt and worry is racking up, considering the busy, event-full weekend I'll be missing with my kids.
Other than that, I'm really excited about this. I have seen these booties before and cannot believe Simplicity re-issued that pattern.  Check out the other patterns they've reissued, and the doll clothing patterns. I'm a sucker for those sweet, vintage patterns.

4 comments:

  1. It is always nice to get away,thou one does worry a bit about the home front. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time and don't worry! Things always happen while were gone and they survive & better for it learning to adapt. That pattern is really cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you will have a wonderful time. Getting away is hard but good.

    Can't wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!