Monday, March 8, 2010

Springtime Preparedness Training

The weather of late, predicted to continue around here, has been so spring-like I am inclined to ready myself for the very things that are spring: being outside, spontaneous bursts of energy, plans on a whim. To prepare myself, I am packing the trunk of my car with the following items:
The baby backpack (spontaneous hikes)
the jogging stroller (spontaneous baby naps while the rest of us walk- or maybe I could run)
A blanket (for just about anything...knitting outside, picnicking, resting )
the picnic basket (packed also with a small knitting project)
extra rain pants, umbrella, and boots (because we never have them when we need them!)
Ball jars of nuts and dried fruit (self-explanatory)
Being prepared allows for greater flexibility of plans and I am determined to be prepared!
What would you pack for spring spontaneity???
(I have not forgotten felting-it's coming later. Two posts in one day can happen on one's day off!)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, great idea. Definitely need to do something similar for our gang. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My SouleMama picnic blanket that I made last fall. Some snacks. I'd like to get a harvest basket from Just Creations for a picnic/adventure basket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!