Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lap Games-Celebrate sledding

Today was the start of our new year for parent-child. In the spirit of snow, I wrote a very simple song about sledding. You can listen to it here. (please let me know if this doesn't work...I can email you the music or the sound clip-forgive the quality-I recorded with family in the next room)
This is a lap game for your child, and you can "sled" according to who is riding the sled. Go side to side...add some bumps!

My dad is on the sled, my dad is on the sled, and I have been waiting far too long
My dad is on the sled and his face is all red
Oh will he get off so I can get on?
My mom is on the sled, my mom is on the sled, and I have been waiting far too long
My mom is on the sled and her nose is all red,
Oh will she get off so I can get on?
( repeat as long as you like with my grandpa....my grandma...my brother....my dog...etc.)
Oh....
I am on the sled, I am on the sled, and I have been here all along
Oh, I am on the sled and my face is all red
I don't want to get off so I think I'll stay on

Another lap game I wrote a couple of years back, and I left the second verse at school. Oh well...maybe I'll edit it tomorrow. This one is simply spoken.
On my sled I'll take a ride, I smoothly soar, I freely glide
Here is a big hill, here is a bump
Then down to the bottom and off I'll jump!

And, for crafty sledding inspiration, look here. These are just darling...I may have to make some for the nature table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!