Sunday, January 3, 2010

1: Hero of the Body Sanctuary

Today's list centers around the care of my physical body and themes and intentions related to that.
Archetypes invoked: The Athlete (Artemis, Olympian), the alchemist, the chef, the healer
My intentions:
-To feed my body good food. I'm pretty good at that already, but I am going to refine my diet to try and address the fatigue I frequently struggle with. To that end, I am going to see what happens to my energy level when I eliminate flour, sugar of any kind, and coffee from my diet. Yipes! Did I just write that? Egad!
-To work up to exercising for an hour each day. That may sound like a lot, and I am, admittedly, shooting high, but I feel so good when I am exercising regularly. I hope to address the depression that creeps up on me in the winter through running.The problem is not the exercise itself, but finding one hour in each day when I do not have work or responsibility for children. This is sad but true. I need to garner the support to have time for myself....that's important too!
Artemis,who was goddess of many things, including the hunt, had extreme physical prowess and was a protector. Artemis was the eternal virgin, or "woman who belongs to herself".She will be my inspiration in guiding my body. When I run, Artemis will run with me. When I stretch and push, she will goad me on.
 I will be strong.

1 comment:

  1. I *love* Artemis. My current Facebook profile picture is Artemis,in front of a full blue moon. She is such a strong, beautiful woman! You chose a worthy role-model. :)

    About the exercise - I never would have thought I would come to love exercise, but I have. It keeps me sane, makes me strong, and gives me strength and stamina to get through life. I am managing about 1 hour 3x/week, but I would go every day if I could. It's made such a huge difference in my life! Now it's hard for me to understand why people don't want to move their bodies in some way every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!