Monday, December 7, 2009

Crafting A Weekend


Wool candle holder



Wool trees, the second one glitzed and glammed by the 6-year old.

Candle holders wrapped like the ones used for Martinmas (the ones with tissue paper and glue) only I used dyed silk strips (great use for worn out silks) and Mod Podge.

The cast I made from my own drawing, with the carving in process, and the final product: a Pegasus...wild and free and strong. And, the Pegasus horse is a symbol used here during the Kentucky Derby Festival, so there you have the aspect of debauchery too (that was supposed to be funny....you must come experience Derby sometime to know what I mean.) This is the horse ornament I'm giving away as mentioned in my prior post.
We made something else...something fast, easy, and something I will have to share later.
In the meantime, we are thoroughly enjoying Christmas Roses: Legends For Advent, and The Light in the Lantern. During the first week of Advent (the light of stones...crystals...rocks...bones) it was all about teeth around here. A six year molar is appearing and two more baby teeth appearing for Davis. Which is why I have not blogged! (let all moms with teething babies now commiserate, and lift your cup of coffee: cheers!)

2 comments:

  1. I love your wool candle holder! Curious as to how you did it. Just a felted bowl?
    We did some little tree wool crafts last week too. Nice to see some of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful writing. Hands are busy with work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!