Thursday, November 12, 2009

I really do make stuff

I just realized that I hardly ever post stuff I make! Part of that is my lack of photographic talent, and part of it is that I enjoy thinking and writing about the creative process, which to me, is life, and living in the creative process is what makes one an artist, not necessarily producing things.
But I am still plugging away. As evidenced by my Ravelry queue and the number of projects I've cast on, I have been busy. And I dyed 200 yards of silk for gala decorations and for the creation of a water altar as part of our local Festival of Faiths. For my parent-child classes, we learned wet-felting and made lanterns for Martinmas. I am still recording my CD and have so far to go on that project, and enough excitement to see it through. I am loving the music and grateful for the talented musicians contributing to the songs. I have an invitational art show I'll be at in December, held here.
So, yes, I am nurturing the "artist" part. The "mom" part is going to be renewed this weekend at a hooping workshop.Without kids!
I am inspired by this.
And in my turning inward, I am still asking lots of why questions....why blog, why worry, why say stuff I say, why Waldorf, why am I in these moments, why am I compelled to make stuff.....why?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are one busy mama! I can't believe that you dyed 200 yards of silk....that's fantastic!
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!