Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Different Kind of Gratitude

“I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers”
Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
With deep gratitude, I acknowledge my outer blessings....family, friends, house, etc. That is an easy way to feel truly blessed, and we should feel grateful for what we have.
With deep gratitude, I acknowledge those "other" teachers, for they make me who I am in unexpected ways.
Thank you life!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,
    Congratulations, you the Rocking Yak Yarn giveaway over at www.betweenhitchingposts.com! I don't have any contact information for you, so please stop by to contact me.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Angela!
    Gibran is a favorite of mine, many of his books are treasured in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lessons are so hard, but we have to be grateful for learning them because it makes peace in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!