Monday, October 19, 2009

re: Repurposing



Yes, I know, The picture is not impressive. But, this is what I was writing about Thursday. My soon-to-be sister-in-law made these out of old t-shirts. She sewed two t-shirts together along the bottom, and then cut off the sleeves and sewed the armholes and necklines together. You would not believe this, but people actually stop me in Whole Foods and ask me where I got those bags, or remark about how clever they are. I can't go anywhere without those bags attracting attention. So, there is one cool repurposing idea. It got me thinking about how many t-shirts there are with pithy sayings that would make a fun bag. (My brother, who is 6'8" and no small fry, has a t-shirt that says "I beat anorexia, ask me how" I think the effect would be lost on a bag though.)
I was planning on posting this on Friday, but obviously "flaked out" (in 80's terms). Life and relationship strains and changing plans all got to me. Today I decided blogging was like putting on make-up to go to the grocery store. Life holds heavy things sometimes, too many woes coming at once can weigh you down. But you still have to engage in the world. You still have to get up in the morning and tackle the eternal list. Putting on a face and going out somehow helps diminish the load, if only temporarily. And you always see someone you know in the grocery, and if they start whining before you get to, then you realize it's not so bad for you and then you forget what you had to whine about. Ideally anyway.

So, let's hear it for wearing lipstick while blogging.

1 comment:

  1. I've got my tube of super-shimmer Burt's Bees gloss right here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!