Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween and Art

When I was in high school, my grandmother bought a subscription to Art News for me. She was one of my "suns", as described in "Women Who Run With the Wolves". She bought me the really nice pastels, and paper to go with it. She fed me as an artist, and somewhere along the line I became so shy, so wounded around my creativity that I would not even regale myself with the term "artist."
Gosh, that train of thought went into an intense place, so quickly! After a long process of growth, I do call myself an artist now, and everyone else is an artist too. We can nurture each other.
At any rate, Art News is where I first heard about Cindy Sherman. She touches a deep desire in me to dress up and take pictures of myself. My teenagers do not know who she is but they naturally do this....they are always modeling and posing for the camera....sometimes with props. Since Halloween is right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to discover some women artists together. I have a few in mind. Let the dressing up begin.
So, just follow this link and get lost awhile. Or go ahead and Google, or go to cindysherman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!