Monday, October 26, 2009

Blog announcement

I have created another blog out of several impulses: first, a wish and desire to connect with other teachers of handwork, and to provide a resource for those wishing to implement handwork into their home or public school. It will be composed entirely of work that is not my own! Second, I wish to deepen my own work as a handwork teacher. When I taught music, I found there is an organization and conference for music teachers in a Waldorf school. The one conference I attended was so incredibly helpful and the email list of the organization (ANAWME) such a treasure trove that I do not know how I would have taught without it. My teaching would certainly not have been as rich! I do not believe there is one for foreign language teachers, and certainly not for handwork teachers. So, it is my attempt to connect. Not to reinvent the wheel, for there are several handwork blogs out there, but I just wanted one a little more formal. I have questions and I also have 8 years' experience as a trained Waldorf handwork teacher. So I have knowledge to pass on and many things to learn and simply want to bring the conversation to life.
Please help me spread the word...the blog is found here.
Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie, It's been awhile since I checked your blog and you certainly have been busy (of course). Love the new header, sorry I missed your booth at the festival, love the picture of you spinning. I go now to check your new blog and some of your other postings....always inspiring. I love your yarns and felting. It's been so long since I've wet felted and would love it if you gave a class...so many new techniqus since my days at Spring Valley....Luna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!