Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The last of the sun


I hope the sun stays awhile. It feels like we haven't had much of a summer with all of the rain here, and now the sun and dry spell comes...in September!
How can one not love this time of year? The days are surely getting shorter, and the nights cooler. Be still, be slow, be busy in your hands...it feels good. I want to slow down time and revel in the halcyon haze of apple orchards and pumpkin picking, hayrides and leaf piles, orange soups and red fires, farmer's bounty and knitting sweaters.
So, last night, a little project came to me to capture these fleeting, golden seasons of sun in the form of a quilted fabric suncatcher, or, "what to do with a silk scrap".
(Email me if you'd like the pattern and instructions.)
And while you're at it, check this out.

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! I would love the pattern!
    I loved hated the article...The U.S.is the only country that pushes formula, its basicly unheard of in other countrys unless medicaly necessary. We've made something so natural dirty. My daughter nurses, the bank she works at lets her pump whenever needed. Single & married mgrs and they are supportive up to the CEO. Shes very blessed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!