Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our Derby part 2

A picture of Davis just for fun...he loves to snuggle in this now. By the way, I have to put in a plug for making your own. Folks, this is just 5 yards of organic cotton stretch fabric (purchased here). I went and browsed YouTube until I found out how to fold the thing. It's been our best friend since.
Back to the painting...I was apparently channeling scrambled eggs in my painting. I did manage to paint some horses too...wild, Peter Max-style horses. I just love the idea of wild horses.
And then here they are...all my children. Maddie (14 and 6') is on the left, Brianna (17 and 5'10") on the right, little Serena (5) and Baby Davis (5 months) in front.
And another Davis picture. He turned 5 months old Saturday and can roll all the way over, looks at his hands, and puts his toes in his mouth. He is heartbreakingly sweet and would make anyone want thousands of children. Even with the lack of sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Your children are beautiful!!! Your two oldest almost women. :) I have a 15 year old niece and to think that soon we'll be peers in adulthood and womanhood is an interesting place to be.
    These 3 most current posts have helped and inspired me thoroughly. Motherhood is a journey. Chaos does return to peace for chaos too is a natural state of things. I don't have to be perfect. I just have to try and love my children enough to give them my very best.
    When we attended Waldorf (which is one of the city things I miss) I thought I could never achieve the knowledge or the patience that you set forth as an example to us. But, I realize that you too are on a journey and that knowledge and patience is ever forming, growing, and changing. There is no place where you arrive at perfection. You just grow more wise in doing.
    I'm working with Romans 5:3,4 right now and trying to internalize what it says.
    "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience, and experience, hope:
    That is a perfect verse for mothering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your children are all stunning! I've got to say Davis has probably inspired a case of the "Gimme a baby!" in more than one person. Thank goodness I have my own little bit right now, or Jon would be running for the hills. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sling...I have been looking for ways to make and use it...To cheap to purchase a pattern,,,,running off to check u tube!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!