Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

And it was a happy one, and a very tired one. We colored eggs using turmeric, red cabbage leaves, and chili powder. We went to a neighborhood egg hunt. We went to an Easter vigil where my dear friend was baptized. We went to Mimi and Papa's farm and had a wonderful, family love-infused meal.
Today, I have put my critic to rest inside of me. It isn't that I haven't given her plenty of fodder to come out and rail on me, but it's that she is in a rightful place. She isn't running the show and getting me down. So guess who shows up? A part I rarely give strength to...my adult perhaps? She is saying to me, "take your pleasure today in all the wonderful things you do for your children." Wow. So I'm taking a break from self-deprecation and pulling a Walt Whitman: "I celebrate myself"
Ahhhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. If I took a break from self-deprecation, I wouldn't know what the hell to do with myself! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!