Wednesday, March 25, 2009


I am no photographer, and did the best I could with the scanner, but here is a little chore chart Serena and I did today. Monday (moon day), she sweeps the kitchen, Tuesday (star), she cleans off the stairs, Wednesday is for watering plants, Thursday is for folding clothes, Friday is for stacking books, and Sunday she sets the table for family dinner. As you can see, each day of the week has a symbol. Serena is always asking what day it is, so I feel this helps with our rhythm and her sense of time. She is 5 and is just begging for more responsibility. She has had similar chore charts since she was 3 yet this is the first time we drew one together.
Oh, and she has had a fever all week. It has been nice to have her home...we have also painted and carded wool together.

2 comments:

  1. We are good! Congrats on your new cutie! I found Kelly on the Mothering Forum Tribes and then linked to other Waldorf friends. Small "world"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea. If you don't mind, I'm going to use it with Deladis. She would love it I think. Oh, Serena has gotten to be a big girl. She is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!